Our patron saint: Mr. Hankey - The Christmas Poo

Our patron saint: Mr. Hankey  - The Christmas Poo
sometimes he's nutty... sometimes he's corny

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Berlin - Day 2 - Part 2

Alright, where was I?

Oh ya. So I walked from my Hostel this morning (which is in East Berlin - Near Alexanderplatz and the big TV tower - which was a huge communist propaganda thing from what I understand) to the Brandenburg Gate. A relaxing walk, on an amazingly warm fall day, through the Tiegarten to the Siegessaule (The Berlin Victory column). Beautiful stuff.

A little more sombre was the holacaust memorial. What I only found out later is that there is a (supposedely amazing) museum underground. Might have to check that out.

Made my way to the zoo, which was a little expensive (18 euros), but well worth it. Besides Knut, the monkey section and the aquarium were amazing. I can't even remember the last time (if ever) that I've been to a zoo.

Was pretty proud of myself when I ordered a Bratwurty sandwich properly in german. "Einz Bitte" - of course, it helped that it was the only thing they were serving.

(This hating this &%$§ing german keyboard. Keep mixing up 'y' and 'z' constantly. That and all the shift characters are mixed. Scheiza!)

Couldn't find good schnitzel, but had some tasty thai instead. Maybe tomorrow, but this area I'm staying in is not known for traditional fair I don't think... more of an upcoming student area. Reminds me of the plateau a bit.

Tomorrow I continue the hunt for an good english guide book to Berlin and will be taking a free tour 0f Berlin. I think tomorrow's theme is on 'Red Berlin'. Tuesday is the 'Third Reich' tour.

Otherwise, thing I'm going to leave Berlin Tuesday night and take the overnight 12 hour train to Zurich. Why waste a full day travelling?

BTW. Kicking myself for not going to Munich. A friend in Duseldorf was going for the day and I could have met up. Could have put my bags in storage and enjoyed the day. Oh well...

I'm tired, and the 2 Beck's I just had are knocking me out. I'm hitting the sack.

Til next time.

No comments: